Thursday, April 14, 2011

Insomniac Yogi

It's 1:18 a.m., 4:18 a.m. my time, and here I am quietly creating a blog while my sister sleeps soundly behind me. It's probably not the appropriate time for my first post but I am doing it anyway because starting a blog has been on my never ending 'to do' list for some time and what better time than the present . . when I am exhausted yet bouncing off the walls. Why am I bouncing off the walls? you may ask. Because my life is changing . . big time . . I finally put into motion plans that I have been making in my mind for years, plans that I never thought would come to fruition but are actually coming true in front of my eyes . . finally. After six, arduous years as a paralegal at a commercial litigation firm in Manhattan, I have quit my job and enrolled in Bikram's Yoga College of India's intensive Teacher Training program in hopes of gaining the knowledge necessary to instruct students in the 105 degree, 90 minute class of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. But that's not all . . after BYTT I will move from NYC where I have lived for 9 years to Boulder, Colorado, to be a PhD candidate in Diplomatic History. So, as you see, it's no wonder that I am wide awake and my mind is racing at 1:18/4:18 a.m. (I have only been in Cali for 2 days so I am still on East Coast time). And the thoughts that are racing through my head right now are not organized or, perhaps, even logical . . but they are my thoughts, my fears, my hopes . . from 'am I smart enough for a PhD program?' to 'will I be able to survive 11 classes per week for nine weeks?!' to 'hmmm . . will anyone actually read my blog?' . . but I am suppressing these little fears and doing it . . all . . from PhD to hot as f**k yoga to yup, blogging . . because if I can leave financial security and my metropolitan comfort zone and embark on this path to ultimate change then I can do anything . .

No comments:

Post a Comment